BA - English Literature
- To enhance students’ perception of the richness and diversity of the social and ethical values in literature and thereby expose them to a vision of the human values.
- To utilize current technologies to assist in the research and presentation of critical and creative writing.
- To foster in students an appreciation and enjoyment of literature’s aesthetic and intellectual elements.
- To allow students to learn relevant literary and social history as well as acquire training in careful textual analysis.
- To promote interest in and knowledge about the linguistic contexts in which literary work exist. Provide internship opportunities and career counselling that will prepare them for Careers ranging from graduate programs in English to law, publishing, communications and business administration or provide them with experience in literary education.
To enable the students to comprehend the nuances of language and develop creative abilities.
To improve the communication skills of the students and enhance their critical perspective.
The Literary Association of the Department of English renders yeomen service to the student community by honing their language and critical thinking skills. It provides them a platform to showcase and exhibit their innate abilities through varied contests and activities. It also enhances their knowledge of English Language and Literature.
- To stimulate and motivate the students to effectuate the challenging activities.
- To orchestrate intra, inter departmental and inter-collegiate contests to mirror their talents in various skills.
- To enable the students to exhibit their adroitness and virtuosity towards Literature and act as torch-bearers for other students to accomplish tasks.
- To ingrain among students a flair for the language and amplify by their literary skills.
- To sharpen the literary, aesthetic and communicative skills of the students.